Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I’m such a hypocrite...


I haven’t gone “tanning” since my high school days; I got the memo that it is cancer causing and gives you wrinkles- so I did away with the “fake and bake” method and moved on to spray tanning.

I was the spray tanning queen throughout my sorority days and lectured anyone that exposed their skin to the tanning bulb’s UV rays- in fact I even submitted a news article which mocked the woman behind the desk at the tanning salon; comparing her wrinkled tan skin to my leather coach bag.


OH THE SHAME!
So now, I must confess- I purchased a tanning package, lotion- goggles- the whole sha-bang!

My reasoning behind this hypocritically purchase was my desire to be “sunkissed” all summer long- for the bach party, showers all the way up to my wedding. While a spray tan would be great for the big day- going spray tanning all summer long would be 1) EXPENSIVE and 2) not consistent, it would fade.
When I have wrinkles by 30, and constant dry skin I have only myself to blame,but- I will be hopefully be tan for all wedding related events/pictures.

Any tips on getting the most out of “tanning” without going all the time? Has anyone had sucess with the bronzer lotions?

2 comments:

  1. have you tried Mystic Tanning? It's the less expensive version of spray tanning and around the same price as the beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good tanning lotion that I swear by is Banana Boat's Deep Dark Self-Tanner. It doesn't have a strong smell and the color is right on. Just tossing that out there.

    ReplyDelete