Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wedding Cake Topper


While doing some wedding related browsing online I stumbled across this wedding topper. Personally, I love it! Anyone who knows the finance and I, would think this topper is hysterical. We are both very affectionate, and are practically attached at the hip. No joke, we are rarely apart, and absolutely love it that way. But here is the question- my family is pretty conservative, would this topper be offensive?

I know FiancĂ©’s family would love it and get a real kick out of the little figures, so they are a non issue. But I wouldn’t want to embarrass my mother/grandmother in front of relatives.

On the other hand, it’s my wedding, we are paying for it, so we should be able to do whatever we want- right?

Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. If you're going to do a topper I say do this one for sure. Besides you're married now so sex is finally allowed ;). Go for it most people would get a kick out of it!

    xoxo
    ym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...I'm definitely a believer that the bride and groom should do what they wish on their wedding day. Since you're asking the question though, and you do think it might make your family blush, maybe you could use it for a shower cake or bachelorette cake instead? Just to ensure that your family's memory of the day isn't overshadowed by (what should be) a tiny issue. Or you could just casually ask your mom what she thinks of the topper and go from there based on her reaction. My own wedding was so full of strife (such that we almost didn't want to go through with it) that I had to learn to let go of the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. considering i think you two practically walk around like this sometimes.... i think its very boston bride/groom.

    however so your mother doesn't well... hmmm... maybe we can put it somewhere else as a decoration? liiiiike somewhere! buy it though. we will figure it out. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it should sit proudly atop your wedding cake - I love it! And it's your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this and bought it for my wedding - it's perfect!! I love what you wound up picking too, but this was too perfect for my fiance and I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LB- That's awesome!! I'm a little jealous- you will have to let me know what the reaction is at your wedding. Honestly, if it wasn't for my conservative g-rents I would have went for it as well!!

    ReplyDelete