Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend/ Wedding Update

I'll admit it- I have been very inconsistent. My goal was to blog at least once a day but I see that due to Stupid Job, busy weekends and late night wine drinking....this goal is a little unrealistic.

But I do have a lot to write about...all within good time ,I will post my stories, thoughts and random observations.

So on to my updates, first the wedding!
  • Dress is ordered! I am so excited, but a little nervous because it won't come in till June.. so fingers and toes crossed that it is perfect.
  • We think we picked a honeymoon spot. Although I had my heart set on Hawaii our budget needs us to pick some where more reasonable. So Aruba it is! Which I am thrilled about because neither of us have ever been and it seems to offer all the honeymoon essentials; spa, sun and sand. If anyone has Aruba trip tips, or must sees- let me know.
  • I found a great place for bridesmaids dresses. All of my girls are out of state; NY, PA and NJ which makes the process more difficult, but I love how this place makes it easy to order five different dresses but keep the same fabric/color. All my girls are also all different shapes and sizes so I want them to wear something that they will feel comfortable in! Its right on Newbury too..ARIA.
  • Next up- I need a DJ! Suggestions?

Weekend in NYC

After much talk and planning we finally went down to NYC for the weekend. It was awesome. We saw a ton of friends from college and sampled all the food I miss most; pizza, bagels...and late night diner. ( MUST GET TO GYM THIS WEEK)

I tried to do some shopping with Grammatically Impaired but no such luck. After finding a million sample sale goodies lying around her apt. I was hopping to find some steals of my own- but nothing. Oh well! (sigh)

Saturday night, a large group of us went out and shuffled around the city. Tons of fun, but this bride to be learned her lesson, don't drink excessively the night before taking the bus back to Boston. Needless to say it was a very long ride back.

We took the Bolt Bus, hoping to save some time and money. Personally I just hate bus rides, but if I was to rate the Bolt bus I would recommend it to others. They had outlets for your laptop, but *warning* the WIFI was very spotty.

Then just as we pulled into South Station our friends called asking about Super Bowel plans. The Fiance and I totally forgot we said we would host. So in exactly 2.5 hours we cleaned the apt., food shopped and made meatballs for sub sandwiches during the game. It was quite the site.

So, as you can imagine I am very tired today and fully plan on being in bed by 8pm.

XoXo
BB

2 comments:

  1. I had two things from a sample sale! Although i admit i love them both dearly.

    ps on my lunch walk today i stumbled upon another sample sale... miss sixty and calvin klien. the deals where not that great though... i surprisingly did not buy anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like a long and fun weekend! I can't remember the last time I did anything like that (this is why you wait a LONG time to have kids). So happy to see the wedding plans are coming along. I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way for the dress!!!

    I don't know the name of a DJ but I do know a GREAT band if you decide to go that route.

    Hope you caught up on your beauty sleep!

    xoxo
    ym

    ReplyDelete