Friday, August 7, 2009

30 Days to go


I still can not believe how fast the time has gone. Thinking back to when we first got engaged- I thought the wedding was FOREVER away, and I had all the time in the world to plan the perfect wedding.

Well- talk about a wake up call, reality is I didn't kick into full gear plan mode till the 6 month mark!

So back to the count down- day 30. I got my "one month" e-mail from the theknot.com and according to them all I should be doing is thinking about honeymoon wardrobe, bridesmaid gifts and seating charts- (HA). It goes without saying- this bride to be is very behind..but look on the upside, I work GREAT under pressure... (ehhhh)

Its Friday (yea) , the start of a super busy weekend. This afternoon I should be able to take advantage of the office summer Friday policy and leave a little early. Which will allow me to shop around the back bay area for wedding party gifts and jewelry for me! I'm looking for some earrings and maybe a fun bracelet. I decided no necklace because there is already a lot going on with the dress in that area.

Then tomorrow the fiance has his bachleor party- which means I have no excuse to get sh*t done- no distractions! The plan is; morning appointment at the reception hall to finalize layout- early noon appointment at the bakery to go over cake design- ( we already did the tasting, trust me the fiance would never agree to miss that appointment)- and then off to my AMAZING tailor for a fitting, and shoe dyeing.

In addition to all the appointments I need to print/fold/stuff wedding programs and start building/hot gluing centerpieces. We will see how much of this actually gets done- because with the fiance gone all day/night all I really want to do is sit infront of the TV with some wine and watch Sex and the City eposiodes on demand.

Oh and on top of it all we are writting our own vows...which I thought was an awesome idea at the time- except with only 30 days to go I have the WORST writer's block.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog - we are date twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't to follow you - glad your back and sharing your 30 day countdown...you will be glad to have this blog to look back on - I wish I had done this.

    Happy Girly-weekend...grab a friend and multi-task, hanging out with a gf, watching Sex & the City and working on centerpieces...that's what I did - it helped distract me from my fiance's bachelor party in VEGAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jen- Yea date twins!!! so exciting :)

    Cali-Ally- Thanks!! I'm glad too, this will be fun to look back on. Oh no, Vegas!! Have you seen the Hangover?

    ReplyDelete