Monday, August 10, 2009

Days 29 &28

I had a very busy but extremely productive weekend.

Where to begin..

Lets see on Saturday was the Fiance's bachelor party so he was occupied all day and night which left me free to wedding plan with my mother-in law "to be".

First stop was the reception hall, where I had a final walk through so I could "envision" everything and discuss how I wanted it to be set up for the big day; 18 tables, one sweetheart table- gift table- etc. The place looked GORGEOUS!

Next, a quick trip to the bakery for a final design appointment. I decided to go with white Adirondack chair toppers, (rather than the topper I found online) and white chocolate sea shells placed sparely between the tiers. Since I'm also a bride on a budget we also decided to opt for a smaller three tier cake for display and have a large sheet cake in the back that will help serve all my guests. This was a great move- we saved about $200 on a cake and were also able to pick out two flavors. The "cutting" cake is vanilla and choc. cake with choc. butter cream filling- and the sheet cake is white almond with raspberry filling. The finance doesn't like fruit in his cake and I love raspberry dessert so this was a happy compromise.
Last errand of the day- the tailor. I needed to drop off my viel for some alterations and my shoes which need to dyed Ivory. See, my viel is actually my mothers, which is awesome because its not only "something borrowed" it is also a nice tradition to start with the women in my family; my mother-myself and sister will all wear the same viel on our wedding day. The only issue was this viel is from 1982- so it was a bit dated. However, my AMAZING tailor made some great suggestions that were very minor- so the viel is the same viel just with a little update. Don't worry I did'nt pull a "27 dresses" and cut the whole thing up!

Then on Sunday I had a quick meeting with my photographer to go over pictures. We discussed locations-times- prefered poses- etc. Finace and I agreed to have all our pictures taken at the beach- because thats "us", and also a couple at the habor.So location was easy but poses is a bit a tricky- I'm not sure of what I really want/ don't want. Therefore my mission this week is to stalk wedding pictures and come up with a couple of must have pictures that I want taken. Suggestions are always welcomed!!!

Side note- as for the bachlelor party festivities- the Fiance was still in "recovery" when we went into work this morning :) I think it was a sucess!!

2 comments:

  1. just found your blog linked through another blog...i love reading wedding blogs, and i also live in boston :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all the checks - you're really coming along! Glad to hear your fiance is doing well after his bachelor party - mine certainly was NOT doing well the day after his!

    ReplyDelete