Monday, August 24, 2009

Hair Issues

This weekend was fun- we got a lot of wedding stuff done - including our marriage license!! and also spent Saturday in Newport with friends, so it was good!

But yesterday was stressful- I went for my "hair trial" so that the stylists knows exactly what to do on wedding day. She is a wonderful woman and super nice, but I just wasn't in the mood for some reason.

She spent hours- washing, curling, spraying and fooling around with different looks- All I want is something SIMPLE, very natural and simple looking. Its a beachy wedding, nothing too formal- and I just felt like she wanted to make it over the top.

I was in no mood to argue, so I just let play. Then came the veil.

I mentioned before that I am wearing my mother's veil- it is suppose to be the kick off of a new tradition between the girls in my family. At first I thought this was great- but now I'm realizing- I HATE the veil, not my mother's veil, just the whole thing- any veil, I DO NOT like it on my head!

Maybe I'm just super moody (menstrual) and stressed out- but yesterday was a disaster- between my MIL to- be telling me how important it is for a bride to wear a veil and my stylist sticking sparkles in my head all I wanted to do was cry. Whats wrong with me?? I just do not like this "fancy bride look"- the veil and sparkle headgear has me stressed out. I just prefer simple- nothing weighing me down.

I think I also really miss my bridesmaids/sister and mom. They understand my style more- and get the fact that I just won't be comfortable wearing the veil for more than just the church- and would hate sparkles in my hair.

It sucks that they are so far- but it just 10 days everyone will be in the Boston area and ready to help me with those last min. details! whew.

What are other brides doing with their hair? Veil?

2 comments:

  1. When I went for my first dress try-ons, I told my mom that if anyone put a tiara on my head, she better stop them in their tracks cause otherwise I was going to smack it to the ground. :) And then when I had the try-on for MY dress, the consultant put a veil on me just to see, and when I saw myself in the mirror I told her to take it off. I'm not wearing either. My hair is going to be a simple, low, loose type bun or something, and I'm going to have flower pins in it. Something like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29190350

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! haha I'm glad I'm not the only anti-veil bride out there!!

    ReplyDelete