Thursday, August 13, 2009

Now What...

Recently one of my friends/co-workers got engaged (Yea)! So office talk has turned to wedding planning all the time. Between my count down and her initial planning we have turned our section into a party planning hub!

So this got me thinking- as I research dresses, vendors and themes for my dear friend "S" I realized that in a little over three weeks, it will all be done!

Yes, it gets stressful, and its very expensive/time consuming- but... I LOVE doing it.
I really enjoy the planning, coordinating, research, details, and I am going to miss it- A LOT.

In the mean time I have volunteered myself to aid "S" in all her wedding planning for her Kentucky wedding. Which is so fun- already we have found southern carriage houses- discussed a brunch menu, complete with mimosas and bloody Marys ( which would fit her yellow/red color scheme).

Basically what I'm getting at here- is that I'm sad to see it all go. And I'll be happy to assist any other bride to be out there with wedding planning :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG I totally hear you...I'm almost begging my friends to get engaged because I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself once the planning is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really loved planning my wedding, I still look back and think how enjoyable and exciting that time was in my life. But its also been exciting being newlyweds, getting pregnant and now being a mum. Life gives you so much to look forward to doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too loved planning my wedding so much! And I even still find myself gazing over Wedding planners in a book store - it was just such a fast, fun and furious time (we planned our wedding in less than 5months). But as Polly said, there is so much to look forward to...your new journey begins in 3 weeks...as your singleton chapter ends...and that is so exciting!

    So get busy, have a daughter and then you can plan her wedding ;) heh heh Okay well at least that's my plan - sorry Little Miss!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete