Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"The most important day of your LIFE"!


No pressure- right? WRONG!

Lots of pressure, tons of stress and a whole lot of emotions.

Forget a new chapter in the book of life- this one day is the start of a whole new story, the story of your life as a "couple", a family- an adult ( gasp).


So since this is such a big event- all the pros, i.e. magazines, websites and blogs ( hehe I could be a pro) suggest a pre-planned beauty regimen to help prepare the Bride <--me, for the special day.

This so called regimen usually consists of dieting, working out, some sort of tanning, facials, etc. So lets discuss what this Bride to Be has been doing to gear up for her big "I do" moment... nothing! :(

As I mentioned before the whole process is a bit stressful, so I have no time to think about any of this- until now- when I only have 3.5 weeks left!! ( oh boy)

Here are the issues;
1) My skin sucks! and all this stress is NOT helping. As I am writing this post I can feel another blemish forming on the tip of my nose, which is forcing me to look cross eyed every few minutes as I constantly check to see if its noticeable yet. I can picture it now..."the bride, cross eyed with a big red nose"
2) I hate working out! I don't know how people get excited to "go for a run"!- I get bored. And while my gym is literally feet from my apartment I still can't muster up the motivation after a long day at work. Dinner and DVR always wins my attention.
3) FOOD- I love to eat. However the good part here is that I do keep a healthly diet, I hate fast food and most greasy dishes just upset my stomach so I usually binge on fruits and veggies. BUT I have a weakness for desserts- chocolate, cake, cookies, you name it!! I have a serious sweet tooth.

So with that- I ask for help. I need skin remedies, quick easy workouts that would maybe help tone my arms, and maybe some yummy recipes for lowfat desserts?!!?

oy vey!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally and 100% with you on #2 and #3 (as far as #1 goes, getting some sun always clears up my skin) I hate working out and love food! 25 more days to go!!

    While you're watching your DVR at night, get some 5 lb weights and do some arm exercises right in front of the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boston Bride! Congrats on your wedding! When is it?? I am getting married August 28 this year!! It's all so exciting, yet overwhelming at the same time and I totally agree with everything you said!
    I was writing to see if you would like to chat... if your wedding has not passed, maybe I could help.. let me know!
    Elaine : )

    ReplyDelete