Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Away On Business

I am currently in New York for a client meeting and won't be returning to Boston till later tonight. Thankfully this PR gig of mine doesn't require a TON of travel, but rather the occasionally trip here and there. While some people love the idea of traveling for work, I actually don't enjoy it that much, for a couple of reasons...

I HATE airports, so the this particular trip sucked. These meetings are not in glamorous Manhattan NY, they are located in "upstate" middle of no where NY; so not only did that mean an annoying switch in Phili, but also a ride in one of those tiny propeller planes (UGH).

Also, this may sound a little "not so modern, independent woman like", but I hate sleeping alone in a hotel room. Even for a night, I genuinely miss Fiance; a lot. It feels strange to sleep in an empty bed and not have his arm around me. I end up tossing and turning most of the night and waking up very sleepy.

One other hang up about business travel is the food. Don't get me wrong I love dinners out, but rich restaurant food for breakfast, lunch and dinner meetings just leaves me feeling sick and bloated.

So with that, I am excited to get back home :)

Updates later on the wedding and apt search!

No comments:

Post a Comment