Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Mood :)

Today was a pretty good day- lots accomplished and tons to look forward to. All the wedding planning is finally in motion and I have a million things scheduled!

Tomorrow Night- Meeting with the "ring guy". This is the same man that made my engagement ring and the Fiance and I LOVE him. He is very precise and takes extreme pride in all his work. The Monday after we got engaged he demanded I meet him downtown so he could check the size and steam clean the diamond before showing it off to my parents.

So I'm very excited to see him again for two reasons- one, because he will clean my ring, and check the prongs (which I always worry about) two, I get to try on bands! Now, lets focus for a minute on the band- a very important (life long) decision. I already know what I want for the actually ring; I'm thinking something thin, simple, with diamonds across the top half. My engagement ring is the classic round solitaire, in the 6 prong setting- so I don't want the band to take away from the engagement diamond- just enough bing to give my left hand extra sparkle! BUT the big decision is what do I get engraved in Fiance's ring?!!? I want it to be original, special and meaningful. This is going to take some serious thinking.

Saturday Afternoon- ORDERING MY DRESS! I finally figured out the whole dilemma I posted about below. It turns out the sales woman in VA was lying to me, and the dress I tried on at her shop is the same one I found up in Mass, for a better price. So I'm getting measured at 1pm and will have completed the gown hunt, Whew!

Sunday Afternoon- Blocking rooms at the hotel, not terribly exciting. However, after we are done meeting with the hotel people we are going Boston neighborhood exploring. We are still searching for our next "home". Thus far we have liked Brookline, Somerville, Cambridge and Charlestown, all seem very cute and reasonable online.

Here's to a busy weekend.

Cheers!
XoXo
BB

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy exciting weekend! I'm so glad that you got the dress and didn't give any business to that shady lady!! As for the rings we had the same problem, we didn't want anything that we would regret later so we simply went with the date. An added bonus? No excuses for forgetting the anniversary and coming up without flowers!

    Good luck on the home search, I'm not sure what your price range is but our building has some amazing two bedrooms that are rented. The website is www.danaparkplace.com. We own but I know the developer has some rentals. It's pricy but everything is brand new and there is a gym and parking. If you are interested you can email me at robinanderson09@gmail.com.

    xoxo
    ym

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I tagged you over at my page! play along.....

    Also I'll keep you posted on the real estate front.

    xoxo
    ym

    ReplyDelete