Thursday, January 8, 2009

To hell with "the wedding dress diet" ..

I have a good amount of friends that are currently engaged, in fact this year alone I'll be attending 6 weddings! Not including my own. So when it comes to a girl talk, it usually turns into wedding chat- and the current hot topic; Diets!

Between everyone going on crazy diets as their "new years resolution" and my crazy bride to be gal pals counting every calorie- I am personally going out of my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I want to look AMAZING on my wedding day. But I don't think a diet would do the trick. See- I love food, love carbs, and LOVE dessert. Honestly diets are just meant to be broken! I have my own plan of action.

* Eat healthy- more fruits and veggies
* Still enjoy dessert, just smaller- one tiny dessert per day
* Fitness- walk everywhere if possible and try to make it to the gym as much as possible.
* Drink tons of water!
* No drunk eating. ( When your drunk calories don't count-right?)
* eat breakfast, bring lunch and make dinner. (also a great way to save money)
* No bagels! this is the one food I need to omit from diet, there is just no good in a bagel. If I'm craving bread in the AM, a whole wheat English muffin will do just fine.
* Eat all day. Constant healthy snacking will help me stay on track, and prevent blind binge eating when I'm famished.

My goal is not to fit into my wedding dress or lose 15 pounds, all I want is to look smokin in my honeymoon bikini :)

On that note, does anyone have some great work out tips to get a toned body. I want a flat tummy and Jennifer Aniston arms!

XoXo
BB

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo with you!

    Post baby I wanted to shed some weight so I joined Equinox. They have some killer boot camp classes and three or four of those a week and you will look like jen in no time! Diet's don't work exercise does.

    Within 4 months I was in better shape than ever.

    If you are interested I am always looking for a gym buddy!

    xoxo
    ym

    ReplyDelete