Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bad Bride

Soo I already broke one of my own rules. I was doing so good, this whole week I stayed on track..but it ended on a bad note.

Fiance and I both had a very long work week, so we decided to have a bum weekend. No traveling, no big night out just veg and relax.

On our way home on Friday night we picked up a bottle of wine and went home ready to clean out our DVR. So we plopped down on the couch and started to pour. Just as greys was coming to an end I began to realize the inevitable- this bride to be was drunk and about to make a very bad decision.

Through my fit of drunk giggles I turned to the Fiance and said "lets go get ice cream"! He happily agrees- my recent healthy habits have resulted in having no junk food or ice cream in the apartment. So when he saw the opportunity for a fatty forbidden dessert- he jumped at the chance.

Neither one of us was in the condition to drive, so we bundled up, head to toe in winter gear and stumbled across the street to Friendly's.

It was there, in that sticky plastic booth, I made the worst decision a bride to be could possibly make. The 13 year old waitress looked down and asked "have you decided yet?" and I looked right back at her, flashed her my goofy intoxicated smile and said "YUP! one brownie Oreo, Carmel fudge brownie sundae".

And I licked the dish clean, not one scrumptious drop of hot fudge left!

I told myself no more drunk eating, it only leads to bad decisions. And the Fiance does nothing to stop me.

Oh well! Can't look back now- all I can do is get off my bride butt, go to the gym and hope for the best in the future.

XoXo
BB

1 comment: